CACHE: Camoed container big enough for smaller trade items. Be sure to rehide it well.
HISTORY: This section of town was known as Whitesville, after the White family who settled here. The Harts settled in the section of town known as downtown. Each family were in a race to build the first courthouse. To be brief, both Hart and White did erect their courthouses. The Hart's courthouse is the one downtown, the 2nd oldest in the state of Michigan and the oldest still in use for court in Michigan, and said the 10th oldest in the nation still in use. The White's courthouse became Lapeer Seminary and sat on the grounds today occupied by Rite Aid. By 1861, the schools in town merged creating a Union School which occupied the old seminary. Eventually upper grades were added and a high school was created at the Union School. In 1906, the Board of Supervisors for Michigan wanted to establish a Normal Training School, Lapeer and Imlay both wanted the program and Lapeer won. Lapeer County Normal used 2 rooms in the Union School building. In 1923, the now organized Lapeer School Board built a new high school, today that high school is the White Junior High building. The old school then became a lower grade school called the 3rd Ward. In the 1950's there was a wave of construction. New, modern buildings were replacing the old one room schools, union schools and the ward buildings. Transportation was improving as well, although busing existed as early as the 1920's to the County Normal and high school. A new high school was built on Millville Road and it was known as Lapeer High School until the mid-1970's when Lapeer East was built on Saginaw Street. Today Lapeer West is known as the Center For Innovation and Lapeer East is the current Lapeer High School, it's 4th location. The old White's courthouse had an extensive history, serving the community well, but fell into disrepair and torn down in 1965. The Lapeer Community Schools Board of Education office building was built on the site and as you know that too was demolished and a Rite Aid was put in it's place. The administration building was moved into the old Irwin Elementary on Second Street. Be sure to check images to see what the old White's courthouse, or more commonly known as the 3rd Ward School, looked like.
[FTF] goes to Babymack1 and [STF] goes to nomer4